Dental Plan FAQ's
- What is a prepaid plan?
- What are copayments and where can I locate the Copayment Schedule?
- What if my address or phone number changes?
- What if I have a question about my plan or lose my Dental ID card?
- Do I have to fill out a claim form after every visit?
- My former dentist was treating me for an ongoing problem. Now that I have joined the Plan, will the rest of this treatment be covered?
With a prepaid plan you pay a monthly prepayment fee plus you pay reduced fees called “copayments” for dental services provided. To receive the reduced fees you must use the Plan Dentist selected at the time of enrollment.
A copayment is the fee that you pay to the Plan Dentist at the time of treatment for covered dental services that are being performed. The Copayment Schedule is a listing of covered services and copayments for your plan. The schedule is included in the Evidence of Coverage provided to you once you have enrolled. It is helpful to bring your Copayment Schedule to your dental appointment.
Contact Customer Service at 800.443.2995 to update your personal information.
Contact Customer Service at 800.443.2995 or email DentalClaims@sunlife.com.
Typically, there are no claim forms to worry about when you participate in a prepaid plan. Your Plan Dentist will handle all the necessary paperwork. Check your Plan to determine if there are some exceptions for when you may need to file a claim.