Dental Plan FAQ's
Prepaid plan dentists
- How do I select a Prepaid Plan Dentist?
- Must all family members select the same Plan Dentist?
- How will the Plan Dentist know I am a patient?
- How do I make an appointment?
- What do I do if I need to cancel my appointment?
- How much and when do I have to pay for my dental visit?
- Can I change my Plan Dentist?
- What if I choose to see a dentist other than my selected Plan Dentist?
- If I have a dental emergency, do I need to see my Plan Dentist?
- If I need to see a specialist, how do I go about finding a Plan Specialist in my area?
- How do I know if a specialist accepts the Specialty Benefit Amendment (SBA)?
You will need to select your Plan Dentist at time of enrollment or shortly thereafter to access benefits. To search for participating general dentists go to Find a Dentist. Be sure to select the correct plan when you begin your search. If you are not sure which plan you are on please check your Dental ID card or call 800.443.2995. You may also refer to your plan network directory for a listing of Plan Dentists. Note that your Plan Dentist must be a general dentist, not a specialist.
Each eligible family member may choose a different Plan Dentist, unless you live in Michigan or New Jersey . In Michigan and New Jersey , the entire family must be assigned to the same Plan Dentist. In all other states, it is important that every eligible family member select a Plan Dentist.
The Plan Dentist receives a patient listing, called a roster, from us each month that includes all members who have chosen that provider as their dentist. Please confirm with the Plan Dentist at the time you make your appointment that you are on their roster.During the enrollment process, if we receive your Plan Dentist selection by the 10th of the month, you will appear on the roster the 1st of the next month. If we receive your selection after the 10th, you will appear on the roster the 1st day of the second following month. If you are not listed on the roster, please call us at 800.443.2995.
After you have selected a Plan Dentist, call the dental office, identify yourself as a prepaid member, and schedule an appointment. If you have not selected a Plan Dentist, contact Customer Service at 800.443.2995 prior to scheduling an appointment. Remember that your appointment date must be after your coverage becomes effective and on or after your Plan Dentist assignment date.
Simply call your Plan Dentist to cancel your appointment. Please give the dental office at least 24 hours notice or you may be charged a missed appointment fee per your Copayment Schedule.