Dental Plan FAQ's
Enrollment and administration
- How do I sign up?
- If I decline coverage now and decide to enroll later are there any penalties and/or limitations?
- Are my dependents eligible for coverage under my plan?
- Is there a PPO network option available?
- What if I lose my Dental ID card or have a question about my plan?
Complete the enrollment form and return it to your employer during the enrollment period. Depending on the details of your plan, when you sign the form, you may be authorizing your employer to deduct premiums from your paycheck. Contact your employer if you have any questions.
If you apply for coverage more than 31 days after initial eligibility, you will be considered a late entrant. For late entrants, the benefits for the first 24 months of coverage are usually limited by the following:*
- 6 months for Basic Restorative
- 12 months for Basic Non-Restorative
- 24 months for Major and Orthodontic services (if applicable)
* Subject to state laws
Your eligible dependents are, your spouse as recognized by law and your unmarried children who are less than age 19, or less than age 24? if a full-time student.* “Children” include any adopted children. A child will be considered adopted on the date of placement in your home. Stepchildren and foster children are also included if they depend on you for support and maintenance. It is recommended that you contact you HR Administrator regarding eligible dependents including questions concerning older dependent children or domestic partner eligibility.* Subject to state laws
Yes, our nationwide PPO networks are available in most markets. Vist Find a dentist to search for a network dentist in your area.
Contact Customer Service at 800.442.7742 or email us at DentalClaims@sunlife.com.