Assurant Employee Benefits

Site Map | Contact Us


Administration FAQ's

What is the easiest way to administer my Assurant Employee Benefits group insurance program?

Assurant Employee Benefits offers an easy to use online service for all of its policyholders, free of charge. With our online service, you can administer your policy 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at your convenience. In order to sign up for our online service, click here.

How do I report an employee termination?

Terminations can be handled in a variety of ways. The quickest way to have a termination processed is to call 800.733.7879. You may also use our online system, the Faxable Change Document, e-mail or written correspondence.

Note: Failure to terminate an employee who becomes ineligible or paying premiums on an ineligible employee does not constitute continuation of coverage.

How do I change dependent status for an insured?

You should submit the change in writing or via our online system. Please provide the effective date of the life event (i.e. date of marriage/divorce, date of birth/adoption, etc.) If a dependent spouse is losing coverage under another plan and the employee therefore wishes to enroll that spouse under our plan, we will need the date that the other coverage terminated.

Please do not submit an Employee Application as this may result in a duplicate enrollment.

What is considered a life event?

  • Marriage
  • Divorce
  • Significant change of employment status (loss of job or hours)
  • Loss of dependent status (child attains limiting age)
  • Birth or adoption of a child
  • Death
  • Legal separation
  • Significant change in insurance coverage (loss of coverage for the employee or dependent)

When do I report a salary adjustment?

To determine when to submit a salary adjustment, you must apply the change date found in the Schedule of Insurance in your group insurance policy (contract). The Benefits Manager should have a copy of the policy. The following are definitions of change dates:

Immediate: The Insured's benefit amounts are to be updated when a salary adjustment is received.

Policy Anniversary: The Insured's benefit amounts are to be updated on the anniversary of the group policy.

Other: The Insured's benefit amounts are to be updated according to the change date stated in the contract.

How do I change a beneficiary for an insured?

If Assurant Employee Benefits is maintaining your beneficiary designations, the insured may complete, sign and date a Request for Change of Beneficiary form. You also have the option of maintaining these in your office. In the event of a claim, we will contact you for required documentation.

What if I have an insured who would like to convert his/her Life or Long-term Disability coverage to an individual Life or Long-term Disability policy, or "portabilize" his/her Voluntary Life coverage?

Have the insured call Customer Relations at 800.380.6347.

Who do I call if I have questions about administering my group policy?

You may call Customer Relations at 800.733.7879.