Employee-paid serious disability
"Nearly 1 in 5 working people ages 35 to 65 will suffer a catastrophic disability lasting five years or longer."1
Serious Disability insurance offers insureds an affordable and innovative income protection for serious disabilities. Triggered by an initial hospital confinement of at least 72 hours or terminal diagnosis after the effective date, benefits can continue up to age 65 for claimants who meet or exceed our Impairment Rating after six months of disability. No excluded industry risks.
- Available for groups with 10 or more lives.
- Benefits begin on the 1st day of disability.
- Duration of benefits can be the later of age 65 or two years.
- Benefit maximums up to $5,000 per month.
- Employees choose benefit amounts in $100 units.
For a full description of our Serious Disability features, limitations and exclusions, please refer to the product brochure.