Employee-paid short-term disability
"Even a short disruption of income can be bad news because two-thirds of American families live from paycheck to paycheck."1
Short-Term Disability insurance provides income assistance and a way to help pay bills and keep life as normal as possible when an insured is sick or injured and cannot work. A short-term disability policy pays benefits for illnesses or injuries that are not job related when an insured qualifies under an "own occupation" definition of disability or meets an 80% earnings test.
- Available for groups with 10 or more lives.
- Benefits begin as early as 1st day for accident and 8th day for sickness, all the way up to the 31st day of disability.
- Duration of benefits can be up to 52 weeks.
- Benefit maximums up to $1,000 per week.
- Employees choose weekly benefit amounts in $50 units.
- Our Bridge Benefit may mean money in the disabled individual's pocket sooner. Find out more details in the brochures below!
For a full description of our Short-term disability features, limitations and exclusions, please click below to view the product brochures.